more Liverpool football formations
About this formation
- Very Successful attacking formation in '13/'14 season.
- Two centre backs, Lovren and Skrtel seem to have good communication as of late!
- Young/Fast full backs with attacking ability (train Ibe in this position). Can get forward and put in crosses or beat their man!
- Lucas in defensive midfield for defensive stability and breaking up opposition counter attacks.
- Emre Can in what seems to be his best positon, right midfield, allowing him to make strong runs from box to box.
- Sterling in his best attacking position (by a long shot) and not out wide where he can become ineffective at times
- Attacking trio of Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge. With Ibe/Moreno offering the wide options.
- One of the two front men (Sterling or Sturridge) to play off the last defender, looking for through balls.
- Keeper (a new keeper to provide competitive backup for Mignolet)
- Flannagan (either FB position for defensive play)
- Sakho/Toure (Direct replacement for Lovren/Skrtel if needed
- Alex Song or similar (Direct replacement for Lucas who is injured from frequently)
- Central Controller/playmaker NEEDS TO BE TOP CLASS in order to kill the void that steven gerrard will leave. Someone in the mould of Xabi Alonso would be perfect ^^
- Adam Lallana/Markovic (attacking midfielders, can slot in for coutinho or sterling
- Depay (Quality winger who can replace Moreno or Ibe)
- Benteke/Higuain (Good strikers capable of 15-20 goals a season to aid or replace Sturridge who mostly likely will be injured)
- Origi/Balotelli (Backup/alternative forwards for now...)
Note that some of these subs might take first team spots if they were bought (or on top form). But for now it's best to stick to players we have at the moment!